Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lance means "funny prick" in Navajo (and other assorted meandering thoughts)

Did anyone catch Lance Armstrong when he hosted “The Espy Awards” the other night. I didn’t either – but I did see some highlights on VH1 this morning and I must admit he was very funny.

He started out by saying that he told the producers that he would give his “left nut” to host. Well, since he lost his left nut to cancer, I thought that was pretty damned funny.

Then he saw Jake Gylenhall (sp?) on the front row and said: “Jake, it’s funny to see you in the front – I thought you liked it in the rear”. Well sir, that brought tears to my eyes.

He’s such a pretentious prick and he broke up with Sheryl Crow, which to me seems like a major sin, but I’ve got to give him his props – he was very funny.

I wonder how he feels now that the Tour de France is over and he didn't win?

I saw Tiger win the British Open and then desolve into tears. He said he missed his daddy. That's so cool. I love the disicipline he has - he seems so strong and indestructable, and then he does something like that and just reminds me that we're all alike.

I had an odd weekend. Taken from the depths of despair to heights I have never known.

Funny how life is like that.

I believe in love. Oh yes I do. I believe that love can take us places that we could otherwise never get to. And I am so thankful that I am on that ride. For better or worse, richer or poorer – there is nowhere else I ever want to be.

I love, love, love my girl so very much.

And what is the price of love? It’s life. And life to the fullest.

I thank God each day that I am so very alive.

We went to a memorial service yesterday for someone I knew a few lifetimes ago - and it was very nice. It just got me to thinking about what's really important in life. I thought about how much eneregy we expend in worrying about stuff that really doesn't matter. How if we can just focus on what's amazing in our lives then maybe the other things that bother us wouldn't be so important.

I think like that. And for now, I really don't think that's a problem in my life.

I truly want to be the guy that appreciates everything that needs to be appreciated. I love a good meal. I love to wake up in the morning. I love sunsets. All those little things that slip by us unappreciated.

So I will work on that more and more.

And maybe the greatest joy is to have someone to share those things with. I'm very lucky there as well.

Sign me,

Joyful and happy in paradise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

You seem to have such a great balance in your life, keeping what's truly important in front of your face, appreciating what you have. I love your posts like this one. And your girl sounds lovely.

1:58 PM  
Blogger haahnster said...

Nice post. It really does come down to how you look at things. Perspective makes all the difference.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Ooooo-nice! Looking at what we have as opposed to what we don't gives meaning to life.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home