Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lawyers, Guns and Tattoo's

My tattoo guy just got put in jail for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.

What’s the world coming to?

It seems he also had some met amphetamines.

Oh, and a gun.

When he gets out of jail, I’m sure I’ll love the rest of the story.

Or maybe not.

So who’s gonna finish my sleeve now?

Well that sounded a little selfish, now didn’t it?

We live in a strange world. People do the damndest things and for the life of me, I just don’t get it.

I’m sure that people don’t mean to end up like they seem to end up. I’m sure it’s like most things and it happens gradually and one day you wake up and go “what the fuck?”

Now I read about crazy stuff each day like everyone does. But I must admit that my life is pretty far from most of this stuff and it doesn’t affect me personally. But I have known this guy for 20 years and there is no way you could have told me this and made me believe it.

But I saw it on the news – and there he was in all his glory. Striped suit and all.

Now maybe the 13-year-old girl is just something someone threw at him to get back at him for something. Time will tell. But he obviously had a gun and some drugs so that is pretty certain there. Unless he was “holding” it for a friend. Yea, whatever.

So maybe I’ll visit him and see what the story is.

I always tell kids that we’re all just a bad decision away from being stupid. All it takes is one stupid act to ruin something good. And like human nature does to all of us, all we have to do is get away with it once so we think we’re invincible.

What is it that makes us want to be good and do the right thing? What is it that makes us want to be bad?

These are the questions I have – and I’m afraid it’s a lifetime that it takes to answer those. All I know for sure is that there are people in my life that I will do anything not to disappoint.

So what if you have no one in your life like that?

Sign me,
Depressed in South Mississippi.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Damn. What a mess. Could be the 13-year-old didn't look like a girl. Or he's screwed up. (Great Zevon reference, BTW.)

But we need to see your tatts!

BTW, I added your blog to my blogroll. Hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know and I'll remove it.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Damn, ask an easy question why don't you! I think just about every body does at least one thing in their life they severely regret. But the why? Because they could? Excuses would be more prominent than a reason why. It's questions like that which keep people up at night!

9:42 PM  
Blogger KK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

I remember being 13 and even back then having "dirty old men" make advances. Ew. My mother taught me at a very early age to be on the look out for stuff such as that. I was not the least bit precocious, terrified more like.

In aging and asking these quesions I can only say that some people have not developed their reason beyond their lust and basal brain instincts. Nature makes us ready to do these things at an early age, civilization is what puts the brakes on.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home