Thursday, July 20, 2006

Project Eddie

OK, so last night was the second show of Project Runway this season. We had a house full of kids all eagerly watching the hi-jinx.

Gay boys and strangely artsy girls all dueling with their shears and pins.

I think the boys are just as “catty” as the girls.

As I think I have said in the past, I catch much shit from my preacher about this Project Runway thing. So in order to balance all my stuff, I undertook a scholarly approach to this dilemma.

Which made me did out my bible this morning to see what it says about Project Runway:

Leviticus 18:22

“Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman; it is an abhorrence.”

Lots of blood has been spilled about this verse. But I have noticed that there is nothing in the bible about women laying with women.

So just like we have always known – it’s OK for girls to get it on but it’s just gross when boys do it.

But as a point of history and a blow to religious conservatives, as the bible continues in Leviticus, God points out to the writers WHY he is so devoted to stamping out sexual immorality. The Hebrews must follow the sexual laws in order to keep their land PURE. Those darned Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites and all the other heathens are being expelled from the land that God chose for his people because they have violated these laws and he has high hopes for the Hebrews.

“Thus the land became defiled; and I called it to account for it’s iniquity, and the land spewed out its inhabitants…….So let not the land spew you out for defiling it, as it spewed out the nation that came before you”.

According to the Lord, the land is alive – the land itself can be defiled or purified.

So keep it in your pants when you’re with Fabio or you may be in big trouble, not only from the Lord our God but from your very yard!

Well, I feel better now. The guy that got kicked off last night cried. He also wore eye makeup.

Peace be with ya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

This is a sticky wicket-without quoting text, cuz I don't have it at work. Men could lie with many women, but women could only lie with one man. I think one point was to not to "spill seed on barren lands, that it must find purchase and grow"

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home