Monday, October 16, 2006

Crazy Love!!!

I started throwing out lyrics last week.

As I was a’courtin’ my girl. I used to send her lyrics from songs all the time and tell her what they meant to me. I know that’s kind of corny – but I’m a living-breathing, old-fashioned, corny boy. Heart of a lover, soul of a poet – but just a regular boy with no talent so I rob from others!!!

Nothing wrong with that. People have been stealing stuff like this and adapting them to their own missions for all of history, so I don’t feel bad.

But today I choose me a Van Morrison song because it absolutely was dead-center of our relationship.

The song is “Crazy Love” from the album Moondance.

I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles
And the heavens open every time she smiles
And when I come to her, that’s where I belong
Yet I’m running to her like a river’s song

She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love

She’s got a fine sense of humor, when I’m feeling low down
And when I come to her when the sun goes down
Take away my trouble, take away my greief
Take away my heartache, in the night like a thief

Yes I need her in the daytime
Yes I need her in the night
Yes I want to throw my arms around her
Kiss her, hug her, kiss her, hug her tight

And when I’m returning from so far away
She gives me some sweet lovin’ to brighten up my day
Yes it makes me feel righteous, yes it makes me feel whole
Yes it makes me mellow – down to my soul

She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love
She gives me love, love, love, love, crazy love


And Oh My God – does she give me crazy love.

I was reminded this weekend of, not only how much I love her and how lucky I am to have her – but of how very proud I am of her and how I love to show her off.

I swear that I feel like I have won the lottery.

And Van Morrison, that little bitter Irish troll of a man, seems to be able to express that in song so very well.

So if you haven’t listened to Van the Man sing lately, did some out and I dare you not to smile and think of someone amazing.

I hope those memories are fond for you. If not, try making some more!

Peace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you love her so much and don't ever want to lose her, why dont you marry her? i know she has a thing about seeing feet, but you can get past that

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home