Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks...............

Since it’s Thanksgiving, I thought I would make a list for all the things I’m thankful for in my life.

So consider this my thanks for all the blessings of life that I enjoy.

I am in love with the most amazing girl that makes me feel as if I am the best boy in the world, even though ALL of us know that I’m not.

I am so happy the way my children have turned out. I am more proud of them than I can really say.

I have so many friends that I don’t know what to do. People who will drop whatever they are doing and come help me if I just ask. That is such a blessing.

I have a great job and no matter how much I many complain about all the shit I have to deal with, it’s still a great job where I can come and go as I please and do exactly what I want to do with no one looking over my shoulder.

I have great employees that take care of me. I know that is somewhat included in the above entry - but they are so wonderful that they deserve their own mention. My back is always covered and they are there to do whatever I dream up and believe that if I ask it, it must be the right thing to do. Never can have too much of that in your life!

I love my church. Our pastor is amazing and the people are so committed to making the world a better place and we don’t get too caught up in appearances. Sure, some of that always goes on, but it’s way below the surface.

I love my motorcycle. Even though I don’t ride off like I used to, just the knowledge that it’s there for me to disappear on is comforting to the bone.

I love my dog and the fact that my girl allows her to hang out with us – even though she hates the dog hair and I feel bad for inflicting that on her. But oh, I love my dog. And my dog LOVES me!!!

I love it that I am at the place in my life where I can do what I think is right without any consequences. My principles are mine and I can shout them to the moon and not give a damn about what anyone else thinks (except my girl and I care lots about what she thinks – but we’re a lot more similar than she is probably comfortable admitting!)

Have I mentioned how much I love my girl? I am so thankful for all she is. It’s not what she does (although she does so much). It’s not how she acts (although that’s the reason I fell in love with her). It’s not how she looks (even though she is incredibly beautiful). It’s not even how she loves me (and boy, does she love me good). It’s just for who she is. I want to send her mom and dad a thank you note for having such a wonderful daughter.

Anyway, I’m just thankful this year for so many things. And I could go on – such as the election or the ability to buy great wine and drink it or the fact that I live in a place that looks like paradise most days – but I’ll leave the small details to your imaginations and just say that I feel my thankfulness each and every day.

I have no regrets.

And I wish that for all of you.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I think you covered it all! I love my dogs and cats.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home