Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Great Beyond



Today is Valentine's Day. If you're not sure - read my last post!

Before I was in love and my life was made whole by this amazing woman, I treated Valentine's Day for what it was in my life. The day my father died. He died on Valentine's Day in 1995 and ever since that, this day has been one of somber reflection.

And even as I think on that today, and celebrate my love for my girl, I still save part of me to grieve for him. There is nothing more finite in this world than losing your father. And I still miss mine more than I care to admit.

So when the surgeon told me that I was scheduled for surgery on Valentine's Day - I said HELL NO.

Which brings me to tomorrow.......................

I am having two titanium rods screwed into my spine tomorrow at 7:00am. But tomorrow is the day AFTER Valentine's Day. You can never be to careful with Karma!

Never been in the hospital before. Never been cut on. Except for 17 or 18 tattoos, my skin is flawless!! Now I'm going to have a big ole scar running through my favorite tattoo - the one with a big heart with a "P" in the middle of it with outstretched wings that I traced off of the Aerosmith "Get Your Wings" album.

So please pray for me tomorrow.

Don't know how long I'll be down - but I do know that I'll be well taken care of.

So I'll see ya when I see ya.

And until then: Be Well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Just now getting over here, and I'm sorry I didn't by soon enough to pray pre-surgery ... but I'm praying now. Doing okay?

And was your Valentine's Day a lovely one with your lovely?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Oh, I thought I wished you happy valentines! Still praying.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Marni said...

How are you doing? Miss you!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home