Friday, January 12, 2007

Bush Bashing


So he's sending more boys to keep the peace. Or float the boat. Or impose our way of life on a dastardly backwards population.
Truthfully, I have no idea what he's doing.
All I know is that a bad situation is betting worse.
And I wish I had an answer to all this. Coming from a military background with a snake-eating father who loved this shit, I certainly admire and respect the soldiers that are serving. But the intelligent side of me understands that the way they are having to serve with not one, but both arms tied behind their backs is not the way to go.
There is not a force on earth that can stop us when we go to war. We can, and have, defeated all comers. But we're not fighting anyone. I truly have no idea what we're doing. I think we're "keeping the peace" while we train the police and army so they can "keep peace".
And to them I say "Good Luck".
But what I would like to say to them is "Good Night", and "we'll turn the lights off as we leave".
So pray for Bush, he's in way over his head. And so are those boys over there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I agree.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home