Wednesday, February 14, 2007

St. Valentine Rocks!

Happy Valentine's Day...........ya'll!!!

Today is an amazing day. The one day when we are freed from "regular" life and get to play dress-up. And I love it.

For every lonely person out there, I pray there are 1o1 that are like me - just as happy as a pig in the sunshine.

I love today because on today I get to shower the woman I love with stuff.

And today was a good one.

I snuck out early today and went to wait in line at the florist. Must be good to be a florist today. Roses - $75 bucks a dozen or $45 for a half dozen. As if a smart boy would ever buy a half dozen!

So anyway, in keeping with my desire for maximum exposure of embarassment when I can get away with it for my love, I took the flowers to her office. And a card. I put them on her desk and hugged her, kissed her (meaningfully!) and told her how special she is to me.

I tell her how I was simply a puzzle dropped on the floor until she came along and picked up the pieces and put them together to reveal a wonderful puzzle.

I tell her how my life is exactly how I always dreamed it could be but never dared hope it would be.

I tell her how she is my everything.

And then I leave.

But before I leave, I stop by her right-hand (wo)man's office and whisper for her to go get all of her employees together and go to the bosses office and make a spectacle of revealing to her that a big ole diamond ring was dropped into the bottom of the vase. Have her take all the flowers out and stick her hand down there and fish it out.

Then I leave!

And apparently they did just that. I get a phone call 10 minutes later and it sounds as if it is coming from a Mardi Gras parade. The girls were having a wonderful time!

She got the ring and was thoroughly embarassed by the attention.

Yea, I love my life.

Especially when I get home and get my "reward".

Oh yea, I love my life!!!

I hope you love yours too. If not, do something about it. There is no day like today!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

You ole teddy bear!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home