Monday, February 05, 2007

Purple Rain!

Rain, Rain, Rain.

Super Bowl Soup.

Bad game.

Right team won.

Great commercials.

But Oh My God! Did you see the halftime show?

I was at a big party in Louisiana and it was noisy and busy and when Prince came on, the entire room was quiet and everyone stood transfixed.

I have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out the Tao of Prince - but must admit that I have no idea what he is.

He is funky, small, sexy, great musician, etherial figure. He is in fact, a modern day enigma.

And he always has been.

He marches to his own drummer and that drummer beats a tom-tom different than anything I have ever heard.

I have seen him live. I have personally witnessed girls screaming and then fainting. I have seen him work some kind of mojo that I've never seen before. I can only imagine it would have been something like Elvis would have done in the early sixties.

But he rocked that stage. Sang a little Hendrix/Foo Fighters mix and sprinkled some hits in - all while doing it in the driving rain looking rather androginously fabulous.

So here's to Prince and here's to whoever had the great idea to hire him to perform at the Super Bowl.

Peace. I'm outta here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked his set,too - much better than the piles of boy bands/random musicians that they've had in the past. I even like that Billy Joel kept it simple, but Lord he's looking rough. Even a really young wife isn't helping him out.

Prince is just FUN. I don't think he's sexy, but I like his songs. He's a showman, and his dancing girls make me laugh.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Here, here!!

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home