Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Christmas!

Finished with your Christmas shopping?

I’m about through – but not quite. I’d lose my membership card to the “man club” if I were to get finished too long before Christmas Eve.

So technically, I still have until Sunday to finish.

And yes, I still have the most amazing Christmas present for my girl and she has no idea.

I love me sometimes!

I’m still stuck on my daughter. I’ve got my son taken care of but girls are just harder. I imagine I’ll just give up and give her a fist full of dollars and then we’ll both feel better.

But, as always, the season is full of wonderful things that are not related to buying anything. My friend Kim is cancer free and my friend Samantha is going to have a baby!!!

And both of those things are wonderful and miraculous.

Although, Sam doesn’t realize that she will be very, very pregnant in August in Mississippi where the temperatures hover around 110 every day. But she’s young and she’ll learn. It only takes one time to learn that lesson!

But I am looking forward to seeing family and friends over the holidays and will spend time in reflection of how things went this past year and what, if anything I need to do differently for the next year.

I believe in beginnings and endings and try to use those things to my advantage. There’s nothing like a new year to prompt you to be resolute in your thoughts and actions. Even though history tells us that these things rarely last – at least you get points for trying.

So anyway, my wish is for each of you to find the happiness that you deserve and to be thankful for what you have and try harder for those things you want to have but are just beyond your grasp.

There’s no time like right now to start.

So get busy.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. This baby is due JULY 17, so it sure as hell better get its cute little booty here before August, or else she and I will have a big problem. Namely, why she hates her mother before she's even born!

I know July will be hot as well but it's nothing like AUGUST hot, right?

I can't wait to find out what the perfect Christmas present is - I can't even imagine! Christmas is such fun.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Congratulations on your friends' fortune. Good Christmas's all around.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home