Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Well, here's to another year down the tubes and hope for powerball matches for the coming year.

Got back at midnight from my "Best Christmas Present Ever" trip to L.A. to see Lyle Lovett and his Large Band on New Years Eve in L.A.

Wow, what a nice trip.

We went to Venice Beach and then strolled down the Santa Monica Pier.

We ate, drank and were very, very merry!

And the concert was absolutely amazing. It was a Neil Young/Bob Dylan-ish experience. I love Lyle but had no idea that his live show would be so amazingly perfect on New Years Eve in the most upper crust of places in downtown L.A.

So I'm glad to be back - but not too glad.

There are some spaces in time and place that you just wish would go on and on.

This was one of them.

But I did want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year and pray that all of your dreams come true.

Lord knows, mine have!!!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Happy New Year to you too. Wishing you an even better year

9:01 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

OOOH! Where did Lyle play? I've seen him live maybe ten times, and he's thrilled me every time -- but I bet he really puts on a great show on New Year's Eve!

Happy 2007 to you and your lovely!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home