Monday, June 18, 2007

Thank Heaven For Little Girls

There's not much better than little girls.

And I want all you perverts to stop that line of thinking right now. That's not what I'm talking about.

Little girls are amazingly energetic and full of life and intrigue.

We had an 8-year old birthday party yesterday. Some food, some ice cream cake and then me hauling 5 of them to the movie theater and sitting through the new Nancy Drew movie.

Bad movie for a 46-year old grandpa to be at!

You can bet on the behavior pattern of little girls very easily. It goes from extreme excitment to something like jealousy and then to sniping and finally COMBAT.

There are only so many hours that a gaggle of little girls can spend together without someone getting killed or injured.

And it's a hoot to watch.

My lady says that I have so much patience with the little girls.

I don't feel the same way.

After a while, I find I'll have to go to another room before I "act out" - which is an adult way of saying that I'll start yelling..........

But it is a joy to watch them be so happy - for whatever limited time that is for.

I think the trick is for there to be no more than two girls together at any one time. I find that when there are more, especially an odd number, that some will gang up on others and make their lives miserable - just because they can!

But no matter how the patience flies out the window, there is a certian amount of positive karma or blessings that we adults get from interacting with the kids. You can't find that kind of stimulation anywhere else in our adult worlds. The pure abandon that they seem to have when they are enjoying themselves.

Maybe there is even a lesson in there somewhere.

I'll keep looking for it and I'll let you know when I find out for sure!

Peace.

p.s. If you do something bad, don't ever let Nancy Drew on the case because I guarantee you that she'll solve it - with style!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe you survived going to the movies with THAT gaggle of girls!!! heehee.

Thanks for waiting for my girl-- and taking her to the movies, she had a great time!

Happy Father's Day-- Tina

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it - "and finally, COMBAT."

Maybe little boys are better after all? I don't know - I love little girls and all their silly ways. Even if I do tell the GBK that she's weird sometimes -

You were very brave to go out with Coleybug - what a good Keith you are!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha loved it when you mentioned in a previous post that u are going with kids to watch the movie and the last sentence about the Nancy was a killer :))

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest. By far, without exception, girls at that age are so much easier to be around.

Just think, your lady could have had boys - like my young boy that will fight like a bunch of rednecks on the beach, given the right company.

LYG, Debi

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home