Thursday, June 07, 2007

Life and How to Live It

Alrighty then.

Time to get off the couch and stop worrying.

Life will be what it will be and we have control over how we deal with things.

So what that my daughter is pregnant. I love babies.

So what if she had to move into my quiet farm retreat so she would have a roof over her head. I didn't go out there much.

So what if my insurance doesn’t cover dependent pregnancies. I'm sure she can get on MEDICAID............

So what if the boy has no job.

So what if he has no vehicle to drive except my daughter’s new car.

So what if what I know to be true about people that start out life like this comes to pass.

It’s only life, after all.

OK, now I’m going back to the couch.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be OK, honey. You will get off the couch eventually. You are in my prayers and those of many others. Remember though that the more you give the more some people will take. And, I know a few people that "had to get married" and are still married today and are our age or older. It can happen. Love ya.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law was not the kind of mother my husband needed or deserved while growing up but when we needed her last year during some of our darkest times, she stepped up and was there for us and we will always, always be grateful to her. Your daughter will look back on this time in her life and remember how you were there for her when she needed you. So what if what you know to happen in situations like this does happen. What's important is that you have the kind of relationship with your daughter where she knows that you are there for her no matter what -- even when she's disappointed you, angered you, made your heart ache and sent you spiraling into a pity party. You have a good heart, Keith, and I'm proud of you. Julie

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one helluva cool guy ... cool people take care of their bikes even through a rough ride ... :)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home