Monday, June 18, 2007

Wonderwall

I know I’ve been feeling a little sorry for myself lately – and that is certainly not at all like me.

I’m the boy that celebrates things that other people don’t even notice.

And I don’t like the way I’m feeling. I’m talking to myself every day and have somewhat come to grips with the fact that the life I envisioned for my very intelligent and beautiful daughter may just not come to pass.

But in reality, those are her choices. Not mine. Her decision to make the best of a situation that she finds herself in.

My job, as always, is just to love and support.

But I feel my huge pool of patience has been hit by a drought and the water level is sinking fast.

Yesterday was father’s day and I got a text message saying happy father’s day from both my kids…………

Feelings hurt? Ignored?

Sad to say, no and I’m assuming that is because I’m just a little numb right now.

One thing this situation has really done for me is to bring to the front of my heart my feelings for the girl I love.

When I say, again, that I could have never made this without her – well, that is the biggest understatement I’ve ever made. I could not even contemplate all of this without the context of my relationship with her.

She’s the peanut butter to my stale bread, covering everything with a nice smooth coat that smells and tastes so very good!

Oh yea, she’s my wonderwall……………

You know, the majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will be most likely no ticker-tape parades for us and no monuments created in our honor. But in truth, that does not lessen our impact that we can have on those around us.

There are a bazillion people in the world waiting for someone just like us to come along and bring some light to their universe. Waiting for someone who will appreciate them for who they are and not what they do. Waiting for someone who will enjoy their unique talents and will live a much happier life just because we’re in it.

We have so much to give and there are so many people who need it.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or even the smallest act of caring.

It’s truly overwhelming to think that we have nothing but continuous opportunities in our lives to make our love felt by so many people.

So that’s what I’m going to concentrate on.

My girl is so good at that giving stuff. She is always there when someone needs her and she seems to anticipate these things and be at the right place at the right time.

And I admire her so much for that.

I try to tell her that all the time, that not only do I love her – but I also admire and respect her for all she is and all she does and just the entire package.

I ache sometimes when I think of how amazing she is and that she could love me back.

It’s like a dream come true.

So when I feel down about something else – I start to feel stupid because no matter what happens in the storms of life, I have someone that loves me and there is truly nothing else of consequence that life presents to us that matters more.

So next time you see me – kick me in the ass and remind me to smile.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those are the posts I love and have missed! I just takes time, my friend.

LYG, Debi

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home