Friday, January 25, 2008

Trower Power


Going to see Robin Trower tonight in New Orleans.

I'm taking my son with me, who says "who is Robin Trower?"

And many of you may not know either - because you're goobers.

Robin Trower was the guitarist for Procol Harum in the 60's and early 70's. He left in 1972 because he had a dream that he wanted to be like Jimi Hendrix, who had influenced him greatly.

As he did all of us.

So in 1973 he released "Twice Removed From Yesterday". A very cool album but it did not garner much attention. I certainly missed it.

The next year he released "Bridge of Sighs" which was an immediate hit on FM AOR radio.

A monster hit.
It is one of the coolest albums of all time. Spacy, Tripy, Hard Rockin', Bluesy - you name it, it was there.

One of the only albums in my memory banks that I can say that every song is amazing.

At age 14, it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard. And it was new - which was huge back then. All of us freaks listened to the "cool" old stuff. Stones, Hendrix, The Who - but when you come up with a new one, well that just put you at the top of the heap.

Anyway, I saw him about 5 years ago and he was still great and I'm looking forward to tonight very much.

Now if we could only do something about this damn cold weather.

Oh well, that's the price you pay to get your music jones fixed.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't know who he is. Have a safe road trip with Cody.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home