Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Shit, Hillary won in New Hampshire.

She actually scares me and I was hoping she would just go away.

As charismatic as her husband was, she is the polar opposite. She may be a nice lady, I have no idea – but her speaking voice, tone and timber just drive me crazy. And the “safe” things she says lack all the believability in the world.

I swear that she believed she had this all locked up before it started.

I’m still hoping for an Obama miracle. He may be an idiot but at least he’s something different.

I am a registered Republican. Walked door to door for Ronald Regan in ’76 and in ’80. Supported the Republican takeover of Mississippi politics and was amazed at the dynamics involved there.

But somewhere along the line – around the “republican revolution” in 1994 when it was decided by Lee Atwater and Newt Gingrich that the best course of action was to declare war on the democrats. Not to allow them to even have a meeting room for their meetings. No golf, no lunch, no contact at all. Simply ground government to a halt by being obstructionist in nature.

I just hate the way things are going. So I’m for anything that even hopes to change anything in Washington, DC.

We are not the “bright, shining example” of how democracy should work anymore. There is no compromise – only “my way or the highway”.

But, with that said, the only thing that really scares me about the Democrats is that there is a likelihood of some kind of uber-gun control thing going to happen.

I am not at all for that.

Controlling guns is akin to controlling teenage hormones. It just can’t be done. The bad guys will always be able to get guns because they don’t follow the rules – so that just leaves the law abiding folks to follow the rules.

Which means the bad guys have the upper hand.

And that ain’t right.

I’m certainly not a hate-monger nor am I an alarmist, anarchist or even a crazed paranoid schizophrenic butthead. But I do believe in being able to protect myself and my family and I carry a gun with me most places.

And I will kill someone if they threaten mine.

That is one of our God-given rights that is also protected by the constitution. Our constitution. But it’s more than a man-law. It’s a law of nature to be able to protect you and yours. So I go into my support of the Dem’s with full knowledge that we will butt heads at some point in the future about this subject.

In the meantime, I want to remind all of you about some of the reasons why it’s important to be able to protect yourself:

1. Most people will never need a gun for protection – those that do will need it BADLY

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight – your tactics suck.

3. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity

4. Don’t pick a fight with an old man or a woman – if they’re too old or weak to fight you – they’ll just kill you.

5. Why do I carry a .45? Because they don’t make a .46!

So there you have it. I’m thinking I’ve got all my politics out of me today so now I can just concentrate on the monotonous details of the workday.

Please be nice today. Tell someone that needs to hear it how much you care about them. Remind those that you love how much they mean to you.

And call your momma.

And don't forget to watch out for bad guys!

Peace.




4 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

#4 Shooting is not too good for my enemies.

#40 I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of keeping it in reserve.

#197 I will explain to my Legions of Terror that guns are ranged weapons and swords are not. Anyone who attempts to throw a sword at the hero or club him with a gun will be summarily executed.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't come to grips with the President of the UNITED STATES being named Barack Houssian Obama.

I love you anyway, in spite of your sons a bitchin Democrats.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Cup said...

Interesting column, Keith.

I don't think you have to worry about gun control. That topic is the Dem's abortion card: It gets the masses riled up and on their side, but nothing will really happen.

Although I wish there were tougher laws on background checks and assault rifles.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

When unholstering your weapon, it's customary to say "excuse me while I whip this out."

No matter how responsible he seems, never loan your gun to a monkey.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home