Monday, January 14, 2008

KK - Lesbian?

I love girl singer/songwriters!!!

I mean all of ‘em. I love me some Indigo Girls and Sarah McLaughlin and Joni Mitchell and, well, you name the girl and I can assure you that I love her.

I was listening to Natalie Merchant today. She ain’t pretty – but she does sing like an angel. Which counts for lots since we’re talking about singers…………

This chick seems to sing right through the heart of the matter for me.

And I love that.

I especially love her song “Wonder”

It’s such a strong song about such things as life and affirmation.

Most of you that know me understand that I am infected with a very sunny disposition and the ability to believe in the inherent goodness of mankind.

I truly believe that we can choose or not choose to be happy. Surely life will throw things at us all the time to get in the way of happy – but we can deal with those at well.

I guess that I just believe that if you have the basics in life – which is what I call having someone that you love no matter what the circumstances are – then you will be just fine.

So the rest of life is just stuff to do in order to get back to what you really want to do – which should be loving someone beyond what you thought was possible.

But back to the song “Wonder”………….

Is it wrong to assume that you are special just because you believe it?

Is “special” a label that is applied to you or are you born with it?

Is it arrogance to consider yourself special?

I don’t know the answer to that – it’s just one of those things that I ponder each and every day.
One thing I do know is that I love someone so much that by that very act, I feel special and for those that don’t believe me – well, you can just bite me.

Here’s the lyrics:

Doctors have come from distant cities
Just to see me
Stand over my bed
Disbelieving what they are seeing

They say I must be one of the wonders
Of God’s own creation
And as far as they see
They can offer no explanation

Newspapers ask intimate questions
Want confessions
They reach into my head
To steal the glory of my story

They say I must be one of the wonders
Of God’s own creation
And as far as they see
They can offer no explanation

I believe
Fate smiled and destiny
Laughed as she came to my cradle
“Know this child will be able”
Laughed as my body she lifted
“Know this child will be gifted”
“With Love”
“With Patience”
“And with Faith”
“She’ll make her way”

People see me
I’m a challenge
To your balance
I’m over your heads
How I confound you
And astound you

To know I must be one of the wonders
Of God’s own creation
And as far as you see
You can offer me no explanation

I believe
Fate smiled and destiny
Laughed as she came to my cradle
“Know this child will be able”
Laughed as my body she lifted
“Know this child will be gifted”
“With Love”
“With Patience”
“And with Faith”
“She’ll make her way”

2 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

"I feel special and for those that don’t believe me – well, you can just bite me."

An affirmation and a promise:

The affirmation - you ARE special.

The promise - I will NEVER bite you.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sid - I'm sure that's a load off of KK's mind. (the promise)

KK- I'm kinda thinking that you do have lesbian tendencies.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home