Friday, February 29, 2008

Old South Valentine

WOW!

Yea for me.

I got to cash in my Valentine's Day present this week.

A beautifully romantic evening in a very old house!!!

It was at the Monmouth Plantation in Natchez, MS on the banks of the Mighty Mississippi River.

We had a very cool room in the main house and got to spend some incredible time in a bed that was made in the 1700's.

And yes, it did creak a bit!!!

This place was amazing. 26 sculptured acres of gardens and walking paths. Fountains and ponds. Ducks. Heck, you name it and it was right there.

We ate dinner on the grounds in a fancy-smancy dining room and the food was wonderful.

Let's see - Roasted Red Pepper and Crawfish Bisque followed by a nice salad and then a filet mignon with a Marchand De Vin Sauce with some smashed potatoes and sugar snap beans all followed up with a wonderfully sinful bowl of banana's foster.

Made you hungry, didn't I?

But the most delicious thing was my Beautiful and Wonderful Wife. Wow, did she knock my socks off! You should have seen her............she was a vision of love-li-ness!!!

And delicious as well............

Oh My God!!!

But this isn't that kind of blog - this is a lovey-dovey blog and I can honestly tell you that loving her is the defining event in my life.

We can all identify or define ourselves however we choose - and I choose her!

She is the most beautiful, kind, amazingly sexy woman in the entire world. And at the end of each day I get to go home with her.

And you know what that makes me?

Yep - the luckiest boy in the WORLD!!!

I hope everyone's week was as amazing as mine was. But if not, there's always next week!!!

peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I think Sid's dad worked in the flower gardens at that plantation. Just one of many...he could make grass grow on concrete, he was that good! Glad you enjoyed your week. Same old, same old around here.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home