Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cowboys


I have missed the last three months of cowboy shooting - but I'm a goin' this Saturday!
I've got black powder loaded up and I've got all my shootin' irons cleaned and oiled up and all I need is for Saturday to dawn and I'm going to make the smoke and thunder.
My lovely wife doesn't get this at all. And I'm not sure that I can explain it either - but it's just about the funnest thing I've ever done that doesn't include her being naked.
There's something very calming about blazing away down range. The sound, the smell - hell, all of it. Plus I get to dress up like a cowboy!
And that's the part that gets her the most.
You see, I'm a shorts and birkenstock kind of fellow. Not so much on the cowboy side - but again, it's fun to dress up and step into something that is not so related to my life. To imagine yourself back "in the day".
So for those of you that are jealous - come join me. For those of you that think I'm an idiot, well, maybe I am. But I'll be the grinninest idiot you've ever seen come Saturday mornin'!
Peace

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'll just have to start calling you JB Books or Wyatt or something. Have fun at your shoot em up.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I have several friends who are into cowboy action shooting. One woman I know performs w/ one of her horses. Classic American, isn't it?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home