Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Birthday America!!!



God Bless America and God Bless You.

It's an amazing country we live in, warts and all.

Since I'm a gun-toting, left wing, christian boy that loves poetry and sickly sweet love movies with happy endings, I believe I am uniquely qualified to sing Happy Birthday to our country.

Yep, I'm a walking - talking - contradiction. I defy any category that you try to put me in except devoted husband. I'll take that one and do it proud!

My in-laws will tell you that I'm a flaming liberal but I'm not. I'm a live and let live libertarian with a christian world-view that tells me that society is responsible for the weakest among us.

I'm for people putting their pants on one leg at a time except for the ones that can't or won't because they're so fucked up.

I'm still confused as to how the republican platform got hijacked by the chrisitan right. Everything christian-like about christians would fall under the social programs of the Kennedy Clan and universal health care.

None of it makes sense to me which is why I just stay on the sidelines observing all this craziness!

If my vote actually counted I would vote for everyone to love each other and for all of us to do the best we can. I would vote that no one would go hungry and that all of us would take turns making sure that those that can't help themselves were helped.

So let's all take a moment to thank our forefathers for the amazing thing they left in our care and after that toast, let's resolve to do a better job of it.

Peace!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Nice. Although I'm partial because I'm in love with a soldier!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I thought all the pictures of me were off the internet, BAM!! there is another one. -- Your grandbaby sure does have big, beautiful eyes.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I'm with you on your contradictory libertarian values...

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home