Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bad News Travels Fast

Well, it wasn't long before our "raid" was everywhere.

Seems we broke a record! We're the new holder of the largest raid on illegal aliens in the history of illegal alian raids. Not sure how long that goes back but we kicked the shit out of the 400 or so they picked up in an Iowa chicken processing plant.

Transformer plants rule!!!

And all of this truly sucks. There were so many families ripped apart and not to mention that every frickin' one of our mexican restaurants is closed. All of them have "closed due to plumbing problems" on the doors.

How cute is that?

The humanity that is left in the wake of things like this is amazing. Ripples are felt all through the community at large.

Even Wal-Mart looks like a ghost town.

We did all we are required to do in this fuzzy realm of hiring foreigners. We had all the papers we needed to have - so none of us are going to jail. But apparently all of the paperwork, green cards, etc were just not real legal.

And it's not like we hired them for less wages. This is a union shop and everyone makes the same money and it's pretty darned good money.

But it's a shit storm of bad publicity. We're getting calls from our customers saying "oh my GOD, you guys hired illegal aliens"???

Not good press for the worlds largest transformer manufacturer.

We have been processing hundred of people in the last two days for jobs. This should be fun around here until we get them all trained. But it will happen.

So for the next few months, my happy ass will be dancing a jig trying to get stuff done with people that don't know what to do.

But on the bright side of that - well, I'm married and I'm a man - so I'm good at all those things!!

Pray for me. But more seriously, please pray for all of the families that have been destroyed so that they will all be reunited in a place where things are better for them all.

Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yeah, HI is totally kicking WorldCom's butt with this raid!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been worried about you. I didn't want to have to do a prison ministry deal so that I could spend some time with my favorite Keith!! I really hope it all turns out okay. What a mess.

Though I wish I could see YOU on TV! :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home