Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Gustav Ain't All That and How 'bout Them Eagles!

Hurricane sucked instead of blowed. Well, at least in my humble part of the globe...............

We got lots of rain, repeat: LOTS OF RAIN and some wind in spots - but all in all, it wasn't all that bad.

Same can't be said further west.

Talked to my cousin in Baton Rouge this morning - they were out sawing up trees in the yard. Big trees. Especially bad was the one that landed on the new big generator that was to run the house when the power went out.

Talk about your proverbial bad luck!

I can say that the Labor Day holiday was about as dreary and lazy as they come. Can't say I enjoyed all that non-motion. I mean, I'm as lazy as the next boy but it does need to be broken up by something every once in a while.

Or maybe not.

So I hope all of you and yours came through OK.

OK, so our new coach that is more excited than a kid at Christmas had his big debut this Saturday and all went as expected. I actually went into the stadium and sat and watched football until ALMOST HALF TIME.

And that's just huge for me. Can't say I enjoyed it terribly but it wasn't so bad. The team looked good and it's certainly a new look. That no-huddle offense is pretty amazing and I'm really glad that I'm not out there trying to run it. Not much time for rest!

We beat those Rajun Cajuns 51 to 21, I think......... All I know is that it was the hottest day of the year and I thought I was going to die. When it finally started raining on us, me and my love didn't hurry to the car - nope, we just walked slowly in the cool, cool rain and giggled about how good it felt.

And with the sports report over, I do truly think that is all the news that is news. I guess I'll get back to minding the transformers that I'll be sending over to Louisiana today to help my cousin and 2 million others get their power back on!

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

How's the training going for the people who are packaging and sending those transformers over to LA? :)

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home