Thursday, December 11, 2008

SNOW DAY!!!

Folks, I live 60 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

In a place where many times the grass doesn't even go dormant for the winter.

And I have 6 inches of snow on the ground.

Cool

No, let me change that. COLD!!!

I drove the 40 miles up the interstate to work and it looked a bit like bumper cars had been played on the highway.

That's the one bad thing about the snow down here. We are NOT equipped to deal with the driving aspect of it.

That's why the TV and Radio was imploring people to stay home today.

And that's why I'm at work. I don't follow rules very well.............

Hope your snow day is fun!

Peace

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew you exaggerated when you measure in inches.

2:29 PM  
Blogger KK said...

No Sallie, you just WISH I measured in inches..........you're scared because you know in your heart of hearts that it really is a foot long and that sounds so much scarier than just saying 12 inches.

But there damn sure was six inches of snow in my yard this morning. I had 5 inches on the hood of my car as measured by a ruler.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I had to go to work today, too. Sid drove me. :)

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

I met with a client on the other side of Oloh. In shaded areas, there was still snow on the ground and quite a few snowmen. I asked about it. He confirmed what I had heard. Apparently, just west of Hattiesburg the snow was much heavier than in town and to the south. We only got mush and rain in Dixie.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home