Friday, January 27, 2006

Dreams

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you could? I mean, we're all tied down by so many things. Our jobs, our family, our relationships. And so many of these things are not truly ties but things we use to tie ourselves.

So here's what I think I would like to do.

I want to go to London and open up a barbeque joint. A great pub-like establishment with good old-fashioned southern bbq. It would be in an old building somehwere near Hyde Park - a place where I could have my joint downstairs and a large place in the back where I could smoke my meat. I would have a flat on top of it where I lived so I could tend the meat since it would be going 24 hours per day.

It would be a simple menu with pork and beef served with dry rub and sauce. There would also be ribs and chicken. The only sides would be cole slaw, potato salad and the most divine beans known to mankind. I would serve ice cold sweet tea and play blues music through the loud speakers. There would be an awning out front with red checkered tablecloths on the bistro tables.

I would wander between the tables telling jokes in a southern accent while watching the English people be amazed at how smoke could transform meat into something religious while.

All I need to do this to happen is for my love to say let's go.

So as I sit here and dream my dreams on a Friday, I pray that you have your dreams as well - and I hope that one day they will all come true.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will come to England, and ask you, "how's the meat smokin' goin'?" I will then jump off that wretched Island and head for the Swiss Mountains where Father Rock waits with a good game of golf in Solothurn. I will set up shop on the first anticline. I too, will smoke my braut.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home