Friday, April 28, 2006

Unpredictability

If life were more predictable, then we'd all be bored out of our skulls. Sure, we'd have lots fewer problems but there would be no surprises. And who doesn't like surprises?

Do you have an idea how much of your day is spent dealing with things that just pop up?

So I rejoice in the fact that my world is so unpredictable.

I, for one, know very little about what is going to happen in the next moment. I, like most others, would love to plan ahead a little bit because planning gives us all a certain sense of security, but it also has a decided ring of futility because we simply have no idea what is around the corner.

My love always apologizes to me for being so unpredictable in her moods and thoughts and actions. Little does she know that it is that one thing that makes her so interesting. That is the thing that makes each day exciting. I find that her moods and me dealing with them puts the straw in the drink, so to speak.

As long as we live, life will continue to unfold in an unpredictable manner - and as long as we love, we can look forward to lots of surprises. If we are wise, we will be confident in the crazy stuff that is thrown in our laps and just go with it. Because if we fight it, we will surely find that we are fighting with our own sanity in the balance.

So today, please celebrate your differences and just know that you really wouldn't like it if you knew what was coming next.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home