Thursday, April 20, 2006

Breathe, Just Breathe

I think the world has slowed down just a bit. Maybe it's not spinning as fast. Or maybe I just slowed down. Either way, I feel it slipping back into a little normalcy.

Thank you God.

Sometimes, things just seem to pile up and try to swallow me. I know that's not true - it just seems like it. And you know that perception truly is your reality.

I have so much to be thankful for that many times I don't even want to complain because it just seems so trivial when compared to the grace I receive each and every day.

I have been to Washington, DC, to the beach, to Sams for a marathon shopping trip for my Honduras mission trip. I have been to New Orleans in a big truck to deliver all the stuff to go to Honduras. I have been at work pulling my meager hair out. I have been worried about my love who hasn't been feeling well.

And with all of those things going on, I felt as if I were running in place. So much to do, so little time to do it, so little control over events surrounding them.

But with all of that going on, Easter appears.

Easter is my favorite time of year because I am reminded of how no matter how bad things are, we are promised more. All we are required to do is have faith and if we truly have that faith, then we realize that no matter what is going on, we know that in the end, it will always work out. It may not work out the way we envisioned it, but it will work out.

So that's where I am today. Faced with a mound of paperwork that could choke a horse, I am smiling and knowing that if I do them one at a time, they will eventually be handled.

So thank you to everyone that reminds me of hope.

God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home