Friday, April 21, 2006

Love And The Loving Lovers That Love Us

How does love work? How do we learn love? Are we born with it and just need to find the person that bring it out in us or is it something we must cultivate?

All these questions and concepts about the most natural and easiest thing any of us can do. It's the easiest thing to feel and experience and maybe the hardest thing to explain in all the world.

I think a lot about love because I have so much in me. I am so in love that it would make you want to stick your finger down your throat and throw up.

I think love is all about sharing. I think the key to love is that you have to find that person that makes you want to tell them, not only how you feel, but why you feel that way. Find the person that you want to experience all manner of life with. The person you can't wait to see, no matter how many times you have seen them today.

We have to ask ourselves what makes us happy and then we have to find a way to transfer those things to the person we love. It's like a little recipe for happiness.

So as I go about my life, I have learned that the thing that makes me the most happy is to make her happy. I'm not so bull-headed (some may argue) to believe that I am always right and that I have achieved some kind of enlightenment, but I do know that I know myself.

I would set aside any part of myself for her. I could never be happy meeting my needs if hers were not first met. So with that clear understanding I can see for miles. If she's happy, then I'm happy. It really is that simple for me.

I guess the most unsettling thing any of us ever face is what happens if you wake up and it's not there anymore. I mean over half of all marriages end in divorce. Those people started out happy didn't they? Where did it go?

But there is different love out there. I promise you that I'm living proof of that. My experience was that you had a relationship and "hoped" that it evolved into some kind of loving, trusting thing. But the older I got, the more I realized that love is either there or it's not. You can't substitite anything in the love slot. It either is or isn't.

And boy oh boy, is mine firmly planted in the "is" category.

So I love with a certainty that is almost unbelievable. But I believe it because I live it. And for each of you, I pray that you find the same thing in your life because it is truly the one true thing that makes life worth living.

So go out there and love with all your heart today. If you don't, it's your own damn fault.

God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home