Friday, April 07, 2006

Alfred E. Newman

What, me worry?

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.

I was reminded of that yesterday when it was all so dark and stormy (at least on the inside). But as usual, I went home and became peaceful.

Redemption is so cool.

So today I woke up with a resolution to joyfully go through all the doo-doo on my desk and smile as I ruin people's day by giving them more to do than they can possibly do.

Yep, I feel better.

Those dark moods serve several purposes, but the most important is that it makes me realize that we have so many opportunities for loving and being loved and we lose so many of those because we aren't in the mood for it.

I got home last night and my lovely lady gave me a little bag with a ribbon tied up all fancy on top. I opened the bag and got a lovely little framed thingy that says "Life is not a matter of milestones...but of MOMENTS".

Wow.

And also included was a very sweet and special note.

In one fell swoop, I was transported from woe is me to wow is me.

It's so hard to not remember sometimes, when your world is swirling so fast, that all we have to do is breathe and look around us to find the most remarkable things in our lives.

So thank you for reminding me, love of my life, that the most important thing in my life is to love and be loved. The rest is just details.

People are dying alone and crying alone. Children are being ignored and abused. In a world where there is such an obvious need for each of us to demonstrate and live our love, we owe it to ourselves and those in our lives to do that first.

We have enormous power to help and even heal others and we should take that covenent and make sure that it is the first thing we think of in every situation.

The end of the day is the best time to reflect on what we have done that day to make the world at better place. And up until the point where I received my little bag, I admit that I hadn't done much of that.

So today I am resolved to be appreciative for the marvelous fact that I have a great job, a wonderful lady that loves me and good children who may not do what I expect them to do every time, but that exceed my expectations most of the time. I have employees that care, sometimes more than I do about what gets done at work.

Yep, today I am blessed and am determined to realize that and let it carry me as I go about all the mess I have to face today.

So at the end of today, I want you to sit down and reflect on what you have done to change your world for the better - and if you can't come up with something, instead of fretting about that, just try to do better tomorrow.

That way, we'll all have something to look forward to.

Peace. And remember, when it comes to giving love, the opportunites are unlimited and we all are gifted.

God Bless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Rookie Mama said...

where the heck are you!?

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just accidentally found your blog site, and had so much fun reading what's going on inside of your head and your heart! It's all great stuff. I'm going to keep reading.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home