Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Week That Was

Well it's been a week since I've returned from Honduras and I actually feel like I may be caught up on my rest. It's so weird as you get older how much longer it takes you to recover from things. Daylights savings time kills me these days.

Geez, I'm only 45...............

Work still sucks but it is getting better. I think. At least I hope it is.

I am getting excited about the changes coming at my church. I'm waiting for Little Eddie to take the reins - even though he stood me up for lunch yesterday.

My daughter started working with me this week at work. I gave her a part time job so she would have a little structure and some money of her own. She's doing fine and it's great for me to be able to spend this time with her because I just don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like to. She will start college in the fall and according to our conversations this week, she will be moving into an apartment with her boyfriend soon. Oh boy. Nobody every prepared me to be a father to a girl. It's always a wild ride!

So this week will be a blur to me as I struggle to stay busy and keep my lonely mind off the fact that the woman that makes my sun rise and set is all the way across the country doing work among the Navajo Indians.

So say a little prayer for me - and for her. It really works, you know.

Hugs and kisses.........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home