Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday-Monday

Monday, all over again.

I’ve always been one of those backwards guys. I love Mondays!

I think it has to do with starting over new each week. I’m a basket case by Friday. All the shit that has been put off or set aside to deal with “later” comes to roost on Fridays.

And at the same time, I love the magic of the Friday night.

So what’s up with that - is it Monday or Friday that I adore?

Why not both?

Today started with promise but as I surveyed my desk and saw all the stuff that didn’t get done this weekend, it was Friday all over again.

So I will suspend my adoration of Mondays until next week.

I hope.

I had a marvelous weekend. Went to Nashville with my girl!!! Yea for me. A good ole-fashioned road trip. Don’t get to do that so much anymore. Drove up there on Saturday and home on Sunday just like running to the supermarket for some groceries. What’s a thousand miles between friends???

Went to a country concert – which is something I don’t normally do. It was strange. Very slick production, kind of like a Stones show, just without the Stones……..

Saw Faith and Tim. She is so hot AND she can sing. Oh My God can she sing. But the poor white girl just can’t dance. My girl was not impressed. All she wanted was the interloper to get off the stage so her man could come out and entertain her.

He did.

The place we saw the concert was big and it was FULL. Apparently full of mostly girls who roared their approval at his arrival. This guy has it all, a hot wife, cute kids, more money than the Shah and legions of adoring fans.

Faith got a great response but nothing compared to her husband as judged by the decibel level at the arena.

But all in all, it was good. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. It’s not often that I get my lady’s undivided attention like you do when you have her “trapped”. And it was amazing for me. I endured the concert and actually kind of enjoyed it. But if you repeat that, I’ll deny it.

Next up, we have the Red Hot Chili Peppers – which is much more to my liking and it’s in New Orleans where I feel much more at home.

So that’s all the news that is news and I’ve got to return to this monsterous pile of crap on my desk and wrangle some answers to everyone’s questions.

I hope your week is full of intrigue and suspense. And if it’s not, you can always walk into your boss’s office and utter something remarkably stupid and walk out.

I tried that early – and it worked!!!

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I rather like Mondays as well. Fridays are good-I usually have a sense of accomplishment.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home