Monday, August 07, 2006

I HATE SKEETERS

Another week gone – a new one full of promise and bullshit.

That’s what I love about life, you really get it all. And that’s why it is imperative to hang on to the good things.

It was a rough last week. In the most bizarre sequence of events, I have two people close to me that have West Nile. Bad sickness. Bad, bad, bad.

My friend that I went to high school with and hang with late evenings on her patio – at least USED to – got out of the hospital this weekend after over three weeks of hospitalization for this stuff. She still can’t function. She shakes all the time and says it feels like the flu on steriods. But she’s a young woman – well, at least my age (which will be defined as “young” as long as I am writing this).

The other one is my girl’s father. GOMD’s dad is very sick. He’s been in intensive care for a week now and gets better and then worse each day.

The feelings of helplessness are huge. To stand by and watch someone you love going through something like this is very heart-wrenching. I realize, on so many levels, that all we can do is to love someone and be there for them.

But that just isn’t enough sometimes.

And I hate that.

Hate it.

There has been a huge outpouring of love for her from so many people – but as comforting as that is, it does not compare to hoping that he will open his eyes and recognize someone.

So I pray. Pray, pray, pray.

Which is all we have at this moment.

So I wish you peace and hope that each of you will include some prayers for healing for my friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

My prayers are there as well.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

You have my prayers, too. How awful. Give GOMD an extra hug from us, okay?

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home