Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tagged Again

Sorry, it’s been a while.

My mom has been sick and in the hospital and that takes not only physical time but lots of mental energy as well.

But I’ve got a minute and I need to catch up some.

I don’t have any thoughts of pending importance that I am aware of, but I have been tagged by the “Old Lady” in Savannah so I guess I’ll play along (although I absolutely refuse to do this to anyone else)

Here we go:

A book that changed my life.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig – amazing book that I read at age 13 that set me on my path to enlightenment which I am very happy to announce that I am still walking on.

A book that I have to read more than once.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien – this one was easy since I have actually read this series every year since I was 12. Never ever gets old. I consider it the gold standard of fantasy writing.

A book I would want on a desert island.

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare – I had to really think about this one. I would hate to turn into what happened to Tom Hanks in that stupid plane crash movie. By choosing this book I could actually spend a lifetime acting out every role in every play. That would have to occupy my time, wouldn’t it? It would at least cut down on the constant masturbation.

A book that makes me laugh.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson – this one was easy as well. That is the funniest book ever written and I double-dog-dare anyone to read it and not roar with laughter.

A book that made me cry.

Luckiest Man: The Life and Death of Lou Gehrig by Jonathan Eig – hey, who wouldn’t cry?

A book I wish I had written.

The Know-It-All: One Man’s Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World by A.J. Jacobs – this was a great book and reminded me of something I would do. This guy read the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica and attempted to interject what he learned into everyday life. Very great read in case you’re bored.

A book I wish had NEVER been written.

This is easy – any book in the “Left Behind” series by that idiot Tim LeHay. These apocalyptical things make my skin crawl and reek of the worst in humanity as far as I am concerned.

A book I am currently reading.

Beyond Band of Brothers – The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters – wow what a cool book. This was written by the guy that was the star of the Band of Brothers series that Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg did. There is something very moving about true bravery in the face of incalculable odds. Highly recommend this one.

A book I’ve always meant to read.

Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger – I have no idea why I have never read this book, but I’ll get around to it sooner or later.

So that’s my list. I have fulfilled my “taghood” and am off the hook.

I hope you have a blessed day and realize that someone somewhere loves you more than they love themselves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

KK, Thank you. I am not sure how most people feel about this stuff. Atleast it's not the "if you don't do it you will have bad karma" kind of info trade off. (I hate those e-mails). I enjoyed reading this.

You send so many daily blessings to people that when I saw nothing posted in a while, I thought maybe you were on a road trip, or that something was wrong.

Best wishes for you and your family and prayers of strength for all that you have shouldered thus far.

11:08 AM  
Blogger GrizzBabe said...

I enjoyed reading your list too. Seems to be a lot of Hunter S. Thompson fans floating about the blogosphere. I'll have to check out some of his books.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home