Friday, August 18, 2006

Word Work

I was reading someone’s blog and came across the first word-puzzle thing that I could relate to. I hate riddles, crossword puzzles, find the word crap. Anything that requires me to figure something out just pisses me off.

But this one, this one I could relate to.

The instructions were simple. All you had to do was to find word that had a letter difference and tell what the difference was. Some of the responses were clever and I thought it would be a good challenge for everyone to find two words and do your own thing.

Apple and ample: These words mean the same, as in "How 'bout them amples?"

Osama and Osaka: Given five years, the CIA might find Osaka.

Whores and chores: My girlfriend has never given me a list of whores to do on my day off.Genial and genital: It's okay to greet your neighbors with a genial wave.

There's no difference between PBS and PMS. They both put me in a state of blind, irrational fury. Then again, so does pretty much everything else. -- A. Coulter

Midol relieves an annoying, recurring headache; Idol produces one.Fast supper and Last Supper: One involves a happy meal.

World Cup and World Cop: Two things the United States is really lousy at.

So what are your words?

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Wears & Wares-Wearing your wares wears me out.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home