Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Who What When Where Why............

You have brains in your head
You have feet in you shoes
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose
You’re on your own
You know what you know
And you are the one
Who’ll decide where you go!!!

How do we end up where we are? Was this the place we always wanted to be? Did we achieve any of our dreams or did we slowly slip into adulthood making sacrifices of our hearts and souls in order to get along in the world we found ourselves in?

Is it too late?

Will we limp into old age bitter and swollen?

The older I get, the more I see of the aforementioned condition. I see people who have resigned themselves to “wait to die”.

And that’s so sad for me to see because there is SO MUCH MORE.

I guess I’m just walkin’, talkin’ proof that if you keep your eye on the prize, then you can endure anything and life will be amazing.

It’s hard for me to tell you how excited I am each day.

Work is a drag but it doesn’t define me.

People bother me but I endure because other people’s problems don’t define me.

Bad drivers piss me off, but I no longer chase them because I don’t need to get that upset about anything ever again.

This list could go on and on – but the truth is that all forms of unhappiness are always rooted in something that is missing in our lives.

And I have nothing missing anymore so I find my patience is just amazing these days.

It’s all about focusing on what’s important in your life. Put your energies in the things that make you feel complete and I think you’ll find that you are truly in control of everything you need to be in control of.

None of us will ever be able to control other people or life’s circumstances – but everyone can control how they feel about things. All you need is a base to start from.

So I would like to thank my base with all my heart.

If you don’t have a base, go get one as soon as possible.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

My dawgs hate shoes, they bark alot too. All those years of working on my dawgs I supppose. Once I figure a way of walking an inch off the ground I will let you know.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home