Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down

So what do you listen to on Sunday mornings?

That’s the question I usually ask people as I try to figure out their musical tastes. I have found that the early Sunday morning is a time for different music. Time for putting on something you don’t normally listen to that is more mellow than usual.

These days, Sunday mornings are more hectic for me than they used to be – but I still hum those tunes to myself as I am hurrying about for my early morning church routine.

Is there anything more wonderfully mellow than Steely Dan? Take your pick and play it loud enough to drown out any other noise as you peruse the newspaper.

What about Traffic? Stevie Winwood’s voice is amazingly smooth and the cool jazz they put out in the form of “artsy” rock music was amazing.

How about different genres? I love to put on some of my Frank Sinatra Duet CD’s and listen to those interpretations.

James Taylor’s greatest hits is another calming influence.

I could just go on and on – but I want to know about you and yours.

Sunday morning is wonderful for reflection and quiet time with you and your soul. And biscuits and tomato gravy don’t hurt either!

So let me know what you like on Sunday mornings before you start your day and get back into the same ole same ole that seems to propel us through our lives.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Recipe for tomato gravy please!!!

I just like to lie in bed and watch old movies. Listening to music I want has become a solitary activity, otherwise I listen to classical.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I have been listening to the jazz channel on my digital cable when I get ready in the morning. Relaxing, inspiring......I just really like it..... With everything going on around me these days, I need it!! By the way - I love reading your blogs!! Miss ya bunches!!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home