Monday, August 14, 2006

Field Of Dreams





I was reading a story in the news about how Kevin Costner returned to the “Field of Dreams” recently to play a concert with his “band” (which is the most indulgent actor-behavior going on these days) and to screen the movie at the place where they filmed it.

Well that was a place I made a pilgrimage to in 2003 for some Karma. The picture is of me actually in the corn in the outfield.

My very own “melting” trick.

I love getting on my motorcycle and going places that I consider to be cool - and this place, way in the middle of Nowhere Iowa, was very cool for me.

Field of Dreams is my all time favorite movie. A movie that never fails to make me turn into a puddle of tears by the end.

If you haven’t seen it, then you must be dead. If you haven’t seen it in a while, rent it.

There has never been a better movie about fathers and sons. There has never been a better movie about following your dreams. There has never been a better movie about karma.

It was just an amazing thing and all these years later – 19, I think – I can still remember the first time I saw that movie.

Can’t really explain it even though I have led discussions and taught some sessions about it to the youth at church.

But to watch it, is to bath myself in something magical.

So since I was in a reflective mood, I just thought I would share that with you.

And yes, I did sit in the bleachers on a sunny day and think important thoughts.

Then I went and climbed a fire tower and just about passed out.

Then I drove to Green Bay and got really drunk at Brett Favre’s place. But that’s another story.
Long Live Road Trips!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home