Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There Is No "Us" without "Me"

I was thinking about how people mesh. It’s quite a thing to witness. When it’s right, the pieces of the puzzle seems to slip right into place and everything just fits.

But when it’s wrong, then it’s forced and then you’ve got a mess.

Most of us that have been alive long enough know that because we’ve experienced it.

Some people have to maintain control in a relationship in order to feel important and they search out someone that wants to be controlled. And that never ever works. It just can’t.

Some relationships get to the phase where all they are interested in is getting along and therefore everything that is important (such as hopes and dreams) gets thrown to the side in the name of peace and tranquility.

But isn’t it funny how that peace and tranquility can leave a knot in your stomach?

I think we all need to have our autonomy and be ourselves in a relationship. We deserve to have the freedom to be what we are and to be accepted for that.

I think of these things all the time because I went from a bad thing to a very good thing and this time, I won’t allow it to get screwed up. I just won’t.

And the amazing thing is that it requires no effort on my part. It’s just as natural as it can be. Kind of like breathing.

I have experienced absolutely no giving up of anything such as individuality or nothing even related to that.

So if there is someone that exercised power or control over you, you had better think hard about it and do something about it before life slips away.

Because the more we allow others to exercise that control over us, the more we lose touch with who we are and what we expect of ourselves. And once you lose that, it’s very hard to get it back. It’s the worst uphill battle you will ever face.

I have known people that blame themselves for these things and that just makes it even worse. “Oh, woe is me, I have become submissive and there is nothing I can do about it because it is my lot in life to be that way”.

Bullshit.

Love always brings two distinct people together to make something new – and without sacrificing anything in the process. As a matter of fact, I believe that the new creation does nothing but enhance the presence of self because I understand that we are born to love and when we can find the relationship that allows us to feel that, then we are truly released for the first time in our lives and we can start to be the person we were meant to be.

Amazing.

Life is really amazing.

And I pray that you find that soon if you don’t have it – and if you do have it, please hang on with both hands.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

It would make life more peaceful if we could all just figure this out sooner, right? Thanks for the comforting words. They come in a time of need.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home