Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Saints are Comin'........



Wow, I just spent an amazing time in Dallas, Tex-ass. We went to see our New Orleans Saints take on the Cowboys in a battle for the #2 spot in the NFC (since Da Bears seem to have #1 all locked up).

Stayed at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and I can honestly say that as much as I have traveled all over the world, I have never seen anything like this place. Go find Gaylord Hotels on the internet and take a look at this place. It's amazing. There were live raindeer running around - Santa's on trains - Naked girls on poles. Well, maybe not the last one.

But it was amazing. We went with some Cowboys fans who presented us with Cowboys clothing so we wouldn't get beat up. Since I used to live in Texas and used to love the Cowboys of Roger Staubach's day, I was OK with that. My girl was not so much - but she loves me and she wore it anyway.

We tailgated with a great band and the liquor was flowing and everyone was in a very festive mood. There were thousands of Saints fans there which always adds lots of spice to the gumbo.

I had asked her to behave at the game and she did great.

Right up till the opening kick off.

Then she was on her feet and I'm sure everyone was wondering what the rabid Saints fan was doing dressed up like a Cowgirl!!!

Anyway, the Saints beat the Cowboys in a Sunday night game 42-17 and of all the pro games I have ever seen, the only butt whupin' I've seen worse was two Super Bowls I saw in New Orleans when the Bears beat the Patriots by a score that was not indicitive of the butt whupin' the Bears handed out and the one where 49ers beat the Broncos 55-10 when Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were in a zone I've never seen before or since.

But this game was total domination in every phase of the game and we just sat there in disbelief. As Saints fans, we have grown accustomed to being historically optimistic and then being crushed for no apparent reason. But this team is different. This Drew Brees guy is amazing and I'm still trying to figure out why San Diego let him go. He has great command of the offense and can flat out throw the ball down the field.

Anyway, going away with the woman you love is amazing in and of itself. But to throw in a game that was great and staying in a hotel that blew my mind - well, it was a good weekend.

I hope yours way too.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Yea, the Saints are on my shitlist too!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home