Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Antics

Well, it's Monday and a brand new week. But more importantly for me, it's an entire week of celebration for ME!

Yep, it's my Birthday on Thursday so I get to declare an entire week of celebration. People often ask me why I get to do that........well, it's easy to explain - it's MY Birthday so I can do what I want to do and I want to declare an entire week of celebrating ME.

Of course, it's hard to get others involved because mostly, people don't give a shit. But I do, and since it's MY Birthday I CAN!!!

Friday night, my love went with her youngest daughter to Girl Scout Camp. Although it sounded more like a concentration camp to me - they swear it was actually a Girl Scout Camp.

It was only for one night so it wasn't a big deal - but one night in the woods with little girls can seem like a lifetime to an adult.

So after they got back Saturday afternoon I asked how things went and got the usual stories of giggling girls and late nights.

But there was one story that made me LAUGH.

It seemed about 1:30 in the morning a little blonde headed girl came up to my love's bunk and wanted her mommy. So my love told the little girl to get in bed with her. The little girl said that Aunt Tina was her mommy. My love says "no, I'm your mommy - now get in the bed" (as only a sleep deprived mommy can do)

So my love pulled on her arm to get her in the bed and the little girl pulled back and said NO, I want MY mommy.

Not sure how long this went on - but it turns out that it was another little blonde-headed girl looking for her mommy and not my love's little blonde-headed girl after all.

So they found the right mommy.

And I've got another story to file away and use at the right time.

I love my life!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled Keith, we all had a great time, and your love was a real trooper, and helped cook over the fire and everthing. But you better watch her, she is into kidnapping other peoples children in the middle of the night.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home