Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Borrowing Words from the Ancients......

My love is still on the coast at a meeting and I'm missing her.

I can't call her and tell her that I'm missing her because she'll call me a GIRL.

So I'll just save my words but allow them to bang around in my heart and bring me more certainty about me being in love with the most amazing woman in the world.

And if that makes me a girl, well, bring on the 44DD's.

So instead, I'll borrow some words from Elizabeth Barrett Browing...............

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and bredth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints - I love thee with a breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life - and if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

So there, I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Peace.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE such a girl!! Ha - On another subject, I think your grandfather name should be Big Daddy. Love ya.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite a classic...that Quote
Victorian poetry )

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, if only you could bottle that love and sell it! You would be a gazillionaire!

Love ya, Debi

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the line... "and with my childhood's faith." So beautiful. And you SO totally can call her and tell her you miss her. A girl lives for stuff like that, I promise!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

I love that you're a girl. That's so manly.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Pooja said...

Is she not back yet? Where is our happy fella

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home