Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Had a very interesting Mother's Day.........

Went after church to take my mom some lunch (KFC, her favorite) at the nursing home. When we got there, the street was blocked with fire trucks and ambulances.

Oh great.

They were pushing old ladies out in the street on their beds.

Oh great, great, great!

Luckily, it didn't last too long.

It seemed that an air conditioning unit in the C unit shorted out or something and smoke was coming through the ventilation system.

Great excitement.

My mother was on the porch waiting for us and since she lives in A unit, it wasn't too big a deal for her but those poor nurses and techs were running around like chickens with their heads cut off!

Anyway, my mother got some nice flowers and a good meal which she ate, and ate, and ate. Took her an hour.

I finally "excused" my love and her little girl so they could escape. I stayed and finished up and said the appropriate goodbyes.

Then it was on to NAP TIME.

I love naps on Sunday afternoon.

So take my advice and have one every chance you get.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your mom was not in harms way! Oh how I hope Mr. Man is as good to me as you are to your Mom! You are a good son, KK!!

Love and Hugs! Debi

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home