Friday, April 25, 2008

Mr. Mom No More

Well, my trial as Mr. Mom is officially over with the return of the real Mommy this afternoon.

But I did OK.

Not too many fits or problems.

I didn't even have to call AJ or anyone to come help me.

Our biggest concern seemed to be where, oh where do we eat TONIGHT!!!

Since mommy was out of town we got to eat out each and every night and it was wonderful.

We also got to go buy some new shoes last night.

She may be 8 - but she is at ALL GIRL!

There is nothing quite as sweet as a little girl that loves you. And this one does love me and that just makes me a lucky boy.

I always wondered about the difference between your "real" children and your "step" children - but as I figured out long, long ago - we all have an amazing capacity to love and once you figure out how to love, it doesn't matter who you love - you just love them!

And I do love this one.

It's really like doubling my children without having to watch the childbirth thing again. For those of you that haven't ever seen that stuff - well, Y-U-C-K. Plus, it looks like it really hurts.

As you can imagine, I am very happy my wonderfulest wife will be back today. I'm hoping for a "welcome home" party later this evening.

But I probably won't be posting about that since girls don't like you to talk about stuff like that on the world wide web.

See how much I've learned about girls already and I'm not but 46!!!

Peace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

I honestly don't know if childbirth is painful or not. I was drinking pretty heavy during the whole thing.

On a serious note, you are right about the wonder of a young girl eho lovrd you.

4:41 PM  
Blogger BeckEye said...

If I ever have children (Lord help us all) I will probably be like a Ms. Dad, because I can't cook. My kids would grow up thinking the hostess from Applebee's was their grandma or something.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm glad she's home, too. She saved me this morning while I was in the middle of a meltdown holding a 2-year old who was also in the middle of a meltdown. And she did it with fabulous looking hair -- forgot to mention I loved her hair this morning!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I finally got to see the beautiful Mrs. Kennedy after a month. I know, it doesn't compare to your few days without her, but I didn't have a snotty nose.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that little one is so easy to love!! So glad that you and her got to "bond". LOVED the way she was dressed yesterday-- in her 50's outfit! have fun at the beach. Tina

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home