Monday, April 21, 2008

Wine Tasting and other Assorted BS

I love my new house.

I love that my family loves my new house.

First mortgage payment is due in June, I hope I'll still love it by August!!!!

We're still a-moving - and probably will be for another month or so but it's pretty good right now. We spend yesterday afternoon hanging pictures and other assorted "finishing touches" around the boxes we just haven't gotten to yet.

So it's even looking like home to me!

Every weekend I get ready to go out and do battle with my lawn, and then remember that I don't have one anymore. That's pretty cool. I love that we have woods all around us. There is just something about trees that are mystical.

Probably won't feel that way when they all start to shed their leaves and needles in the winter - but we'll see.

On Friday night, in the middle of a "Wrath of God" thunderstorm we went downtown to the beautifully restored old train depot for a wine tasting put on by the Purple Parrot Cafe and got to sample many wonderful wines.

It was a blast. You only get a taste, but if you get a taste of 60 or 70 wines then you have certainly got a belly full when you're through!!

They had some wonderful food floating around. Certainly not meal-type food but they had tray after tray of seared raw tuna and enough cheese and hummas to make a boy like me happy.

That certainly didn't stop us from leaving at 9pm and heading to the Mexican Kitchen for some grease afterwards though.

The Wine Expo is amazing. The actual vinters come from all over the world to show their wines and I think it's just wonderful that they do this every year in our little corner of the world.

As I try to remember the folks I visited with I find that it's all foggy - probably as a result of the 60 "tastes" of wine. You see, I'm not a spitter, I'm a swallower. But I do recall talking with vinters from Australia, New Zeland and South Africa (that takes care of all the English accent folks). Portugal, Spain, Israel, Italy, Germany and an entire herd of folks from California!

So it was a good weekend.

My love is going to a conference all week on the Gulf Coast so I'll miss her - but I will endeavor to persevere in her absence.

Probably means that there will be a party with strippers at my house one night this week. Well, probably not - but it sounds good anyway.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

What night? And I'll need your address.

Sounds like a wonderful place! And no yard mowing...almost heaven!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

I have always wondered if you were a spit or swallowed. Now I know.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home