Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Break and the Traffic is FINE!

My lovely wife and I have both been amazed at the difference in our community traffic during this week of spring break.

You can go down Hardy Street in a normal pace without feeling like you're trying to get out of the Titanic after she hit the iceberg.

It's amazing!!!

I get off the interstate and simply merge into traffic as if it was meant to be like that.

I LOVE spring break!

My sweet, sweet little 8 year old bundle of joy has gone off to the beach with her cousins and has give us free reign of the house for 4 days.

Maybe some adult time and naked housework? I'm not telling.

OK, maybe I will later - no promises!

I went to my back doctor yesterday for the 43rd x-rays on my hardware and he pronounced me fixed!

I'm not really sure what that means but he said that he doesn't ever need to see me again unless I have metal rods poking out of my back. So that's all I needed to hear.

I can still feel all that stuff in my back, but at least my back doesn't hurt anymore and that is quite a blessing for me.

I do feel fortunate in that so many people that get "fixed" end up worse than before. And I've got to start climbing back out of this infirmary and get back into shape. But it's so hard. But I'll get it done. I really will.

So yesterday, since I had to go back to town to see the doctor, I took that opportunity to take my beloved to lunch and we went to the new Thai cafe in town and had the most yummy lunch. I love, love, love Thai food and so does my baby.

Then for dinner, we went to some friends house (I can't say who because she told me not to and I'm scared of her) but since we ate Vietnamese food there's not too much guessing involved for those that know us!

Anyway, the dinner was divine and we both felt like tug boats when we got through. That's entirely too much food for one day - but wow, was it good!

The Realtors showed our house 3 times yesterday. Must have been like a revolving door around there! Our Realtor says it's getting close so we'll need to have a plan to move pretty soon.

I think we've narrowed our choices down enough to where that won't be a problem. We'll stick with new construction so we don't have to wait for someone else to move out in order for us to move it.

I took a little time to go over to the house I liked best and spend some time in there making notes to go over with the builder.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well soon.

Moving is stressful - especially on my love - so please pray for us.

It really does help!

Hope all is well with you. I'm going back to work!

Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I scooted down Hardy Street to the office this morning. Spring Break = practically zero road rage!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

I love Spring Break Traffic Break. In the 1990's, you could swerve left to right across both lanes of Hardy from the second week of May until the first of August. It was very convenient for driving drunk.

Now, that is gone. But the traffic during Spring Break has been wonderful.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Cup said...

TAG! You’re it for your life in six.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home