Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Rambling

I hate flying.

Never thought I would ever say that. I used to love to fly. It was glamorous and fun. The steward-esses were gorgeous and the drinks were plentiful.

Now it's like a cattle car with no room and no air and crabby people in a hurry.

I flew to Washington DC last week for a quick meeting and when I got there, all I could do was wish that I had driven.

It sucked large.

But oh well, it's what you have to do when you need to go.

I did get to go eat at a fabulous Persian restaurant. The food was wonderful and very plentiful. If you don't like meat, don't go! Lots of lamb and beef and chicken and all those spices that you don't get in down home southern cooking.

Got back about 7pm on Friday to find my love on the couch with the beginnings of a migrane. She didn't get up until last night. Three days. Ouch.

I've never had one of those and don't ever want one. She was pitiful and there is nothing worse than watching someone you love hurt and knowing that there is absolutely nothing you can do.

But she's better today. Says that her head now just feels bruised.

You'd think if science can make a pill to give an old man a hard on, they should be able to make something to stop your head from hurting!

It's so freakin' hot here. Another 108 degree day. The A/C is working hard and it's still 75 in my office. I want to move to Alaska.

I have borrowed a motorcycle from a friend of mine for a while and it's been too damned hot for me to go riding. I just don't want to get out in this shit.

Just praying for Fall now. Even though we rarely get Fall. We get hot, then hotter, then hottest and one day you wake up and it's cold - then it gets hot again before lunch.

Crazy weather.

I guess it could be worse. Watch the old Ice Road Truckers show and see how the other half lives WAY up north.

Speaking of hot......I've been watching the new HBO series called Generation Kill. It's about a unit in Iraq at the beginning of this "war". It's pretty good. Not Band of Brothers good, but it looks like a very realistic look at the shit we're in. Check it out if you have a chance. It's worth the look.

So that's all the news that is news. I'm going back to sit under the fan!

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Sorry about the migraine... I remember being with Michelle when she had hers.. NOT good times...

And just WHY the Hell do you think I need babies??????

3:37 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Sid likes to say we have summer and January around here!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home