Monday, July 21, 2008

UPDATE

OK, the Batman movie was very good and extremely creepy. The Joker dude was full on crazy. He was so crazy that he unnerved everyone in my party. I didn't go to bed until 2am Saturday morning because I was afraid that if I went to sleep that he would be waiting for me.

I can't see an academy award for a comic book movie role - but Heath Ledger was good enough. I guess the boy redeemed his gay cowboy thing before he died.

Gay cowboys, whoever heard of such?

Speaking of Cowboys - I almost died being one on Saturday. The match was wonderful and I had a blast - but with temperatures of over 100 degrees I almost lost it. And I mean all of it!

Finished the next to last stage and was hurting bad. Sweating like crazy and drinking water to keep hydrated. But the old heart started beating fast, it got harder to breathe. The world wasn't spinning yet but I could see it coming.

I was the second shooter on the last stage and as soon as the smoke cleared, I put my guns back on my cart and wheeled the entire rig back towards the truck and loaded it up. Took my shirt off and got in the air conditioning and just sat there. I found the strength to drive off, but had to pull of in about 30 minutes to collect myself again.

I finally made it home, unloaded the car, stripped naked and laid on the floor of the bathroom. Got up and drank a quart of gatorade and ate some watermelon full of salt. Took a handful of vitamins and got in a cool shower.

Then I took a nap.

Not just a regular nap, but a 4-hour sleepfest!

Then I got up and watched a little television and went back to sleep.

Woke up for church on Sunday morning and felt like I had been beaten with a stick and tarred and feathered to boot!

I guess I took it to far. It was so so so hot.

And on top of all that. I get to work today and my A/C is out in the office. Hottest day of the year - 107 degrees outside and my compressor had just given up the ghost.

As I type this, it's 97 degrees in my office and I've had all I need today so I'm headed home - where the air conditioning is wonderful and cold.

I wonder if there are any job openings in Alaska!

Hope everyone else is cooler.

Peace!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Dude...lying naked on the bathroom floor is something you only do when you're drunk. Ummm...so I've heard. You need to be more careful when it's three shades hotter than hell outside!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home