Monday, August 04, 2008

I Have Faith In You

I went to church yesterday and sat there and soaked it all in and was fulfilled.

And you know what?

That’s amazing. It truly is……….

Sometimes, everything clicks and all of a sudden you have enlightenment.

And enlightenment is so very cool.

I’m one of those that like to go around appreciating enlightenment. I say that because it’s apparent to me that many people do not contemplate enlightenment because they have no idea what the hell it is. Then there are those that go looking for it. I guarantee you that enlightenment is something that the harder you look for it, the harder it is to find.
Enlightenment is the end result of a million things coming together at one time and providing clarity on something that was hard to understand at one time.

Kind of like love. You know love, my favorite subject?!!!

All of these higher functions are illogical at best. I mean, seriously, how do you explain Love? Or Faith? Or Satisfaction?

Logic tells us that these things are the end result of something or maybe a string of somethings.

But logic has nothing to do with it because it’s all illogical.

So much of life is tit for tat. You do for me and I’ll do for you. But the best things in life just are. And the more you think about them in terms of this for that – the less since they make.

But it can be argued that those things that make no sense are the best things in life and the very things that make it so worth living.

I had a wonderful weekend with my wife. We had lots more time than normal to be with each other without any distractions. Which means no kids………….

And in that time that I spent in her presence, well, it was like being dipped in healing waters and brought out fresh and clean with my heart and spirit renewed and refreshed.

We get so busy “doing” life that we forget about the joys that are inherent in “living” life.

And I was reminded of all that joy this weekend. The joy of life, the joy of faith, the joy of love. Just lots of joy all around for me. Yea for me!!!

So my prayer is that all of you find some enlightenment in places where you had forgotten to look for a while. And if you catch a glimpse of it, please hold on to it with both hands and squeeze tight.

For we are never promised tomorrow.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home