Monday, January 26, 2009

Wonderous Weekend (and other assorted thoughts!)

Hello boys and girls………………..

Everyone doing fine on their New Year’s Resolutions????

Yea, I didn’t think so!

My one resolution was to better organize my life. My junk at my office is completely organized up to and including cleaning out my computer files - and my junk at home is going well (or at least better). I swear that every weekend I have a list of stuff I want to get done and I'll be damned if it doesn't turn cold or rain or somehow else just screw up my productive plans and I am forced to lay on the couch and snuggle with my wife.

Life's like that.

At least mine is!

But I promise that my beautiful wife should be able to park in the garage by the time she gets back from her business trip this week.

And won’t she be surprised!!!

Of course, neither the most wonderful and precocious 9-year old nor this amazingly handsome 47-year old want her to go on a damn business trip at all – but we really don’t have much say so in that matter…….

So on to happier topics........................

We had an a-fuquin-mazing weekend.

Friday night was an impromptu gathering at one of my good friends house where the food and the company was wonderful. Plus, it’s always good to see other boys my age and how they (mis)behave – it makes me look good in my wife’s eyes!!!

Then on Saturday night we went to the social occasion of the year where some friends threw a party for their youngest son who had gotten married a few months ago.

Now that’s the way to do it – sneak off and get married at a JP in Florida and then come back to a party to end all parties without all the pressure of all the wedding crap.

The table with all the presents on it was the most amazing sight I think I’ve ever seen. But that night was absolutely amazing in so many ways.

Have I mentioned how much I love my wife??? She is just WOW. She was the prettiest girl there at the party – all dressed up like a French Fashion Model with the underwear to go along with it!!!

I told the 9-year old that and she asked me how the hell I knew what kind of underwear her mommy had on........I love being a step father!!!

Oh yea, oh yea, oh yea, I love my wife…………….

Then on Sunday evening we went to a fancy smancy wine tasting for some South American reds. It was very much yummy. The last wine we tasted that sells in the restaurant for $140 and it was so good that it made me do the antler dance.

Of course, it could have been the 6 glasses of wine I had before the expensive one that made me do the antler dance, but I’m not trying to analyze my actions that closely.

So all in all it was a good weekend and I was very happy to participate!

And today, after all my parts finally came in, I sent my poor deer-murdering car to the shop to get repaired. It will be nice to have a vehicle that doesn’t whistle in the wind due to a cracked face!!!

Of course, that means no car this week but I’m borrowing a one-ton truck from one of my employees for the week. I guess a little diesel perfume won’t do me any harm either!

So I can take care of any “projects” I may have while I have the big work horse truck…………

Nah…….

Speaking of stuff like that – I’m ALMOST at the end of my motorcycle rebuild. I’m waiting on my new handlebars and wiring and a few other baubles to show up and we’ll call it complete.

Well, at least complete for the time being. A great custom motorcycle never stays still for long – but it will be good to be through with all the major stuff.

I’ll be posting loving pictures here once the look is finished so stay tuned for my obsession!

And besides the fact that my mother “lost” her lower dentures at the nursing home – there ain’t much else going on around here.

So I hope your life is as smooth as mine.

Now I’ve guaranteed me a huge bump in the road by that last statement but I love my life so much I say “come on with it”!!!

Peace/Out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hummm?? So that's where yall were Sunday night!! At a wine-tasting.

I think that's worse than the Percy Sledge concert AJ went to.

Skipping out on Disciple. tsk tsk tsk.
Love ya TIna

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home