Friday, August 11, 2006

Together Forever (or "How mini-me Saved My Life", by Dr. Evil)

The psychologists will tell you that only you can make you happy. They say that you can’t ever depend on someone else to make you happy because you will always be disappointed. No one will ever take care of you like you can take care of yourself.

Bullshit.

Life is set up in a way that makes us have a place inside of us that can only be filled by something wonderful and the search for that something wonderful becomes our life’s objective.

How many of our problems are due to the fact that we have filled those empty places with things that aren’t good for us?

How many drugs have been ingested to fill that place? How much booze has been swilled? How many mindless activities have we participated in to fill that time?

And seriously, what is better than sitting quietly with the one you love and speaking softly where no one else can hear you?

Oh yea, it's important to find that person that completes you (just like mini-me did for Dr. Evil).

And when you do, it is important to hang on to that and nourish it every minute of every day.

There is never a time or a place where we arrive at a place where there is a finish line. Life is truly a journey. All the time we’re moving forward – even if it feels like we’re just sitting still.

I know some great people that have never found someone that make them the complete person they always deserved to be. And that makes me sad. So many tried and so many failed.

Therefore I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones.

For so long, I was not. I was one that “endured” reality and did the best I could – all the while filling my life with “stuff” that occupied my time. It was fun. But deep down inside, when I lay down at night, I was fully aware that I was missing the best part of life.

So today, take stock of yourself. Work harder on those things that matter to you and reach out to someone you care about. It may be just the thing you need.

I hope so.

I really do.

And all I really want to tell you is this: You never have to “settle” for what you have, you can have more than you ever imagined – but you have to take a chance.

Maybe tonight?

Don’t wait too long, because while you’re waiting, life is happening all around you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

What if you get tired of trying?

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home