Tuesday, April 17, 2007

OK, Maybe I'm Just A Five-Million Dollar Man

In regards to my last post, where I mentioned that I was going to see the dermatologist and have a vasectomy.

I did it!

And neither one was much fun.

I had two places I wanted my friend the dermatologist to look at. He did. Said it was nothing, but he said "I can see some skin cancer on your face from over here".

Oh great.........

He said, no problem, I'll just burn it off for you. It may STING a little.

So here's the word of warning: When the doctor says it may STING a little - he's lying. It's going to STING a lot. He put some kind of liquid nitrogen stuff on my face and it felt like I was in the Indiana Jones movies and my face was melting. And it STUNG for three days.

Next time I see him, I'm going to thump him in the balls and see how he likes it.

And speaking of balls......

Yea, the next day was the vasectomy.

Now I know how you girls feel with your yearly checkup. Put you in the chair that leans way back with your legs spread and put your stuff right up there for all to see (and cut on). It took about an hour and I had to get her to give me some more "local" stuff for the pain every once in a while - but she sliced and diced and now after a few weeks I will be legally sterile.

Then everything swelled up and turned purple and green and yellow and blue. Quite a cornacopia of fall colors. If I were brave enough, I would post a picture on here - but alas, I was raised better than that.

My love took good care of me. I took it easy for the rest of Friday and all weekend - just like the doctor told me. So I came to work Monday with ice packs on my stuff and here it is Tuesday and the ice packs have become my best friends.

I also got a new tooth last week - a crown that had broken off a few months ago. So I have all my teeth, my back is good as new, I can see for miles with my new eyes, I'm cancer free and I can't have any children anymore.

The only thing I have left is to fix my left shoulder - no rotator cuff from 31 years of competitive swimming (yep from 6 years old to 37 when I just had to hang up the speedo because of the pain). But I'm going to wait until my back completely heals before I dive into my shoulder. So sometime in the Fall I will tackle that one.

In the meantime, I will enjoy life and give thanks for insurance!

I hope everyone is happy and alive. I'm listening to joni mitchell this morning and she's calming my soul and there is truly nothing better than a calm soul.

Remember to hug someone today and I'm going to work - this update is officially finished!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

So glad everything turned out okay! I said a couple of prayers for you.

And thank Fabulous Woman was there to nurse you through it all.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Marni said...

Glad all of that is behind you. You are new and improved... your lovely girl will like that!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home